Well, a lot has been happening with the Broadband Committee and the Board of Selectman.
- BBC (Broadband Committee) developed "Executive Summary" for Board
- Last week there was a public workshop, including Mark Ouellette of Axiom for a roundtable discussion of Public/Private partnerships, hardware, future uses of Internet, copper vs. fiber.
- This week, Mark returned for additional discussions.
- The selectman authorized up to $5,000 for Axiom to commence a "Pole" audit.
- Poles are the typical (but not the only) method of running fiber. The first step is to count poles and determine condition.
- BBC is developing plan for Axiom of other "next steps".
- BBC formulating Public Outreach program (yes we'll be looking for a few volunteers to donate a few hours of time) to make sure Chebeaguers know more about this process.